- We spent a week in Tacoma visiting with Debbie's family and going to her friend Gen's wedding reception.
- I then turned around and left for a business trip to Denmark for 5 days.
- During my time in Denmark, our good friend Herschel passed away at 78 from an infection in his lungs. Debbie got to visit him in the hospital, but sadly, I did not. His funeral was in Missouri last week and there is a local service this Sunday. I will remember Hershell as a man of great grace and service. In a graceless world, Herschel always had a kind word of wisdom but never a ounce of judgement. Whenever Herschel asked me for help, I could never say no, because I always knew he wold never say no to me if I asked for help. I am a better person for knowing him.
- I went to the Tech/Miami game that Saturday. The Hokies, after doing well but struggling most of the season have now won 4 straight in November (Georgia Tech, Florida State - for the first time in 12 games over 32 years, Miami, and Virginia). They've really found themselves and have hit a stride heading into a rematch with BC in the ACC Championship game this weekend. The quarterback contreversy has beem molded into a quite effective 2 QB system.
- Wednesday night, we went to see Rob Bell's The Gods Aren't Angy Tour. I have a lot of thoughts, of course, but they'll probably perculate a little longer.
- We spent Thanksgiving with my sisters in Corolla, NC. It was a really good, relaxing family fun time.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Well, another month and no blogging. It's certainly been our busiest month since we've been married. Lot's of stuff went on, and I probably won't ever be able to catch up, including several trips and the loss of a dear friend. Here's a rundown: