Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day Thoughts

Everyone I know is really excited for election day today, and I'm right in line with that. Before I go back to work tomorrow, I thought I would jot down a few of my thoughts.

  • I really, really wanted to bring Maggie so she could say that she attended election day when (hopefully) a non-old white guy candidate is elected president. I have nothing against old white guys (as I pretty much am one), but it is exciting that the doors are open for others, including my daughter.
  • I voted for a third party candidate in a major position for the first time ever. I've always been reluctant to "throw my vote away", but I was sick of the major party candidates and, when I researched, thought the libertarian really was the best choice. I in fact voted for a couple republicans, a libertarian, and lots of democrats in the partisan races.
  • I wish there was a viable third party candidate for US Senate, because Dole has been ineffective and her campaign was offensive. However, I was not impressed by Hagan. I hate to vote against someone, but I did.
  • I would have voted for a McCain/Obama ticket or an Obama/McCain ticket before I voted for either of the choices we had. I think both are good men who have a lot to offer our country.

No comments: