Monday, April 21, 2008

The Really Big News


Well the really big news is that we're expecting! Some of you already know, but we're at the beginning of the 12th week. The ultrasounds are from the 9th week, and she/he was about 2 centimeters long at that point. The expected due date is October 30th.
Being a worrier, I'm excited but also worried. Will I be a good father? Can I raise her/him to be a respectful, graceful, peaceful, joyful person that I hope that he/she will be (especially since I fail at being these things more often than not)? For those of you who pray, say a prayer for the health of our baby and that with God's help we will be great parents.
I've also started a new blog for those who are interested in following the baby news but not my incomprehensible ramblings:
http://mcdowellfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Justin said...

Now that's a true announcement! Way to up the pressure for us would-be dads--two blogs?!

jeff said...

wow! congrats chris. very, very exciting.