Saturday, May 09, 2009

Catching Up



Well, it's been over five months since a post, so I think I have some catching up to do. I'll post a few things in the next few days, including pictures of our new back yard and some thoughts about church I promised in December.
Of course the biggest thing in my life right now is my daughter, and I'll put some pictures and videos of her up on her blog http://mcdowellfamilyblog.blogspot.com/.
But this blog is mine, so I just want to say that I thought that a baby would be something you just love because she's yours or you have to or there was some chemical force that made you love this thing that just laid around and pooped and cried. I wanted to be a Dad, but thought the first few months would just be something you muddled through. Now, I found out, that I love my daughter more than I could have ever imagined. She is sweet, and smart, and funny, and all around wonderful. Part of me wants to keep her a little baby for ever, but most of me is excited to see what kind of adult this magical little person grows into. More to come, I promise!

No comments: